Director of Communications, M.S.C.
Degrees and Certifications:
Master's Degree in Strategic Communication
The St. Helens School District is dedicated to maintaining a strong partnership with parents, staff, community members, and the media in our effort to provide the very best education for our students. We believe the key to that partnership is open communication.
The Communications Department is responsible for creating and disseminating all district-wide communications to parents, staff, community members, and media. The department supports the District’s core values, mission statement, vision statement, tagline, and goals by:
- Delivering clear, concise, and timely information through a variety of communication platforms.
- Ensuring the District’s Strategic Plan is widely communicated.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our community partners.
- Increasing trust and transparency by providing accurate and timely information about our district.
- Strengthening employee, student, parent, and community engagement.
As a resource to schools and departments, our work includes media engagement, crisis communication, branding, editing, planning and hosting District-wide events, responding to external inquiries, and promoting District programs. The following are some of the services provided:
- District-Wide Communications
- Crisis Management
- Press Release
- Media Relations
- Video Series
- Community Relations
- Bond Committee
- Information Requests
- Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Programs
- District-Wide Facilities
- ParentSquare Communications
- Peachjar E-Flyers
Social Media Outlets: