St. Helens School District uses the Blackboard Web Community Manager to host its website platform.
Blackboard is committed to ensuring that the Web Community Manager platform is usable and accessible to users of all abilities.
All products are designed and developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States. Blackboard has a third party conduct regular audits of the user interface, code, and design techniques to ensure that accessibility quality expectations are being met and maintained.
The Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in the following ways:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages.
- It allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio.
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation.
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality.
- Contains page titles with the name of the workspace within which the user is working.
More about Web Community Manager support for the Section 508 Guidelines (VPAT)
More about Web Community Manager support for WCAG 2.0 Level AA
Should you have any concerns or needs when it comes to accessing the district's web content due to a disability, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org