Visitors and Volunteers
All visitors must sign in with front office staff before entering the school building.
Volunteers are critical to the operation of our schools. From helping out in the classroom to chaperoning field trips, to putting on events and more, volunteers provide an important link between schools and our community. One of the unfortunate byproducts of the pandemic has been the suspension of school-based volunteer programs. Thankfully, we are at a point now where we are able to start welcoming volunteers back into our schools and we invite you to apply.
Criteria for volunteering in the SHSD:
- Cleared through CRIS (Criminal Information Services)
- Cleared through ODE (Oregon Department of Education)
- Read and sign Abuse & Sexual Conduct
- Read and sign SHSD Board Policies
- Submit either a vaccination card or apply for an exception (the exception needs to be approved).
Volunteers may fill out a form requesting a medical or religious exception; however, these will only be considered on an as-needed basis as staff availability allows. Anyone receiving an approved exception will be required to follow a set of increased safety measures when volunteering.
Applicants are not cleared to be in the buildings or on the fields until all of the criteria above are met.