- Discrete Math
- Global Studies
- U.S. History
- U.S. Government/Citizenship
- Language Arts
Week 1: June 17 Monday - Friday
Week 2: June 24 Monday - Friday
Morning Session 9am - 12pm
Afternoon Session 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Location: St. Helens High School Library
SHHS Learning Academy is an accelerated summer school program that uses the Edmentum web-based learning platform to support credit deficient students in recovering credit with the goal of supporting student progress toward graduation.
Staff and administrators will be available during this time to support student learning and facilitate navigation with the online platform. Students must commit to attend a minimum of 8 hours per week in order to participate.
See Kimberly Ross in the counseling office for registration. Student placement is based on the number of site licenses available. Priority will be given to current 12th grade students, followed by 11th, 10th, and 9th grade students, as space allows.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How could I finish a whole class in two weeks? The Edmentum learning model allows students to demonstrate proficiency in standards that the student has previously learned in class in order to accelerate the process of earning credit.
- Can I work at home on my courses? Yes - with the understanding that students must attend a minimum of eight (8) hours per week on campus, all unit tests and final exams must be taken on campus under supervision, and students must have a computer and internet connection in order to access Edmentum off campus. Please note that Chromebooks do not work with the web-based courseware.
- Can I keep working on the course past the two weeks? No. If you are unable to finish the course during the two week period, you will need to complete it after the start of the school year - but either way, you can be successful! If you find that you are unable to finish, see Ms. Mays.
- Is transportation available? No, transportation is the responsibility of the student and parent.
Please see Kimberly Ross in the counseling center to register.
Student login and course information can be picked up with Ms. Mays in the library.